Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cheesecake for Chums


Our friends Y and J invited us over for dinner last weekend, and as usual, I volunteered to contribute dessert! It had been ages since I had last made a cheesecake, one of my favorite comfort foods...and it was just one of those weeks when a good cheesecake was just what I needed. My friends and I would experiment with different flavors in college, and this time I tried coffee Kahlua. Here is my recipe!

Eggless Coffee Kahlua Cheesecake

Ingredients:
16oz of cream cheese at room temp (2 packs)
8oz of sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1.5 tbsp of finely ground coffee
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 chocolate graham crust
Vanilla frosting to decorate (optional)

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar. Add the coffee to 1/4 cup of boiling water, and let brew for 3-5mins. Add the coffee mixture (including grounds) and Kahlua to the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the crust and make for 60min at 375°F. Let cool in refrigerator for at least 1h before serving. I piped on a quick rose with vanilla frosting, just for fun!






1 comment:

  1. So yummy! Do you think Y will repost this on her blog?

    ReplyDelete