Monday, August 18, 2014

Flavored Fetes



This weekend I was at a wedding where I got to catch up with some old college friends. It got me reminiscing about college. One of my favorite memories is a brilliant idea that my friend R came up with during the first week of school. R loved to bake, and taught me and few dorm-mates how to make a cheesecake that first week. (You know you have found great friends when right off the bat they bake for you!) She then had the idea that we should all pick a different cheesecake flavor and we would make the chosen flavor of cheesecake for each of our birthdays. As I said, BRILLIANT idea! I, naturally, was chocolate, and we started of with a few other basic flavors: raspberry, pecan, key lime, and vanilla. Of course, word of this spread quickly, and soon we had all sorts of flavors in the mix: blueberry, strawberry, pineapple, coconut, mocha, peanut butter, Oreo, turtle, mint chip, and sprinkles. I scrounged through old pictures and was able to find a bit of evidence of the cheesecake exchange, namely the raspberry, turtle, blueberry, and pecan cakes. It's fun how looking at the pictures of the cakes reminds me of the amazing friends they were each made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment