Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Simple Splash of Succulents


Last weekend I had fun bringing in a little bit of color and happiness to my kitchen. I hung light-weight 9'' square wooden planter boxes as shelves, and then took a trip to the SOMA flower market. The flower market is a magical wonderland! There are dozens of vendors, with hundreds of varieties of fresh flowers and plants. After restraining myself from buying everything, I settled on a bunch of succulents in 2'' pots. I didn't like the plastic pots they came in, so I decided to paint the pots in simple color-block patterns. I used wall paint so that they would be waterproof and survive watering. Now, I just need to water every 7-10 days,  and I have myself a mini succulent garden!  Such an easy way to bring some greenery into our urban place!  

1 comment: