Thursday, December 24, 2015

Attack of the Red-Nose Clones


Happy Holidays from Playful PaletTe! 


This year, my company had an epic holiday bake-off! There were almost 20 entries, and we stuffed ourselves with Nutella filled chocolate chip cookies, amazing ginger snaps, homemade peppermint patty ice cream, dark chocolate crackle top cookies, caramel filled snickerdoodles, and savory blue cheese cookies topped with apricot jam. I literally tried one of everything, with the help of a big glass of milk, and practically had to be rolled home--what an amazingly talented group of coworkers I have! 


I contributed the "most-festive" treat on the lot, my chocolate cinnamon Rudolph cakes. They were complete with M&M or Hot Tamale noses, and pretzel antlers. They were also eggless, but not dairy free (substitute milk for soy or almond milk for a vegan recipe). I think next time, I will increase the amount of cocoa powder as well.


Recipe:
1/3 Box of Dunkin Hines Devil's Chocolate cake mix
1 Box of Dunkin Hines Yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cup of milk 
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla

To decorate:
Cream cheese frosting
M&M and/or Hot Tamales
Pretzels

Mix everything, and use an electric whip to aerate. Pour into silicone molds. Bake at 350°C for 20-25 mins. Remove from molds once cooled. Break the pretzels in half and insert as antlers. Pipe the eyes on using a ziplock bag, and top with a red nose! So easy and so fun!




1 comment:

  1. I had like 4 without the red noses even. Equally delicious!

    ReplyDelete