Saturday, September 12, 2015

RE: MAKE


I went to the Re:Make festival in San Francisco today. It was a super cute event hosted by Brit + Co, with booths by over 100 makers. We got to browse through stunning jewelry, hand bags, shoes, chocolate, soaps, stationary, and much much more! I had so much fun browsing through all of the amazing designs! 


My favorite was jewelry by ORU. Agnieszka Zoltowski, the maker, incorporates woven sets of tiny glass beads into each of her stunning pieces.  


They had a bunch of interactive and DIY booths too. For example, a large coloring book wall--so many crayons :) 



I really enjoyed the make-your-own facial scrub stand with honey, salt, and almond-grapeseed oil, as well a homemade greeting card stand where you could send a friend well-wishes. The also had an area where you could decorate tote bags with rubber stamps. I made my own bird stamp for my tote. It was a great day that brought back a lot of great memories of childhood backyard arts and crafting. It has been ages since I last played with crayons, rubber stamps, and random concoctions, but apparently, my love for all that hasn't diminished a bit.  


1 comment: