Thursday, November 26, 2015

Clucking Cupcakes



Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Happy Thanksgiving from the Playful PaletTe family to yours! I have so much to be thankful for this year, including an amazingly loving family, wonderful friends, a great job, and tons of yummy food. This year, I added some clucking red velvet cupcakes to my mom's Thanksgiving table spread!

Do you remember making hand turkeys in grade school? Tracing your hand and decorating your turkey using every color in your box of Crayola markers? It is one of my favorite fall memories, and the one I channeled in decorating these gobbling cupcakes. A frosting hand and some colorful sprinkles gave me the vegetarian version of Thanksgiving turkeys.  I used my usual "semi-homemade" recipe:

Ingredients:
1 box of Dunkin Hines Red Velvet cake
2 tbsp of instant coffee powder
2 tbsp of cocoa powder (optional for a stronger chocolate flavor)
1 1/3 cup milk
cream cheese frosting
chocolate frosting and sprinkles to decorate


Whip together the cake mix, cocoa powder, coffee powder, and milk. Add a couple heaping tablespoons each into silicon cupcake molds. Bake at 350°F for 20 mins. Once cooled, frost with the cream cheese frosting, and decorate! (I used a Ziplock bag as my piping bag!)

And here is a picture of my mom's unconventional, vegetarian, Indochinese, super delicious Thanksgiving meal, complete with hot and sour soup, dumplings, gobi manchurian, green beans, fried rice, noodles, bakes apples with roasted pecans and ice cream, and my cupcakes! :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!






1 comment:

  1. I ate 3 of those cupcakes myself! The IndoChinese food was also mad yummy and merits its own blog post.

    ReplyDelete