Friday, May 22, 2015

Cereal Cups


I hate throwing stuff away (seriously, I am the biggest pack rat), especially food. So, I really hate it when I get to the bottom of your cereal box and there is almost an entire serving of cereal left, but it is all crumbs. I actually save those crumbs, and this weekend I decided that it was finally time to use them up: Blueberry, banana, cereal muffins!

Ingredients for my 'semi-homemade' recipe:
  • 7oz pack of "just add milk" blueberry muffin mix
  • 2 cups of cereal crumbs (I ended up with mostly Kashi's version of Wheaties, a few crumbs of Honey bunches of oats, and a few crumbs of some Special K)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 large ripe banana
  • 1 1/3 cup of milk
  • 1-2 tbsp of sugar (optional)
Mix everything, except the sugar, together. It should form a very thick, chunky batter. I would not use an electric whip because you do not want to over grind the cereal. Spoon into cupcake cups. Sprinkle a little sugar on the top of all the cups if you would like caramelized muffin tops. Bake at 400°F for 25-30mins.

They taste the best fresh out of the oven! I enjoyed them cold too for breakfast, dipped in milk!

1 comment: